Each Hilary term, OxFEST hosts a symposium that brings together members of the STEM community who share the aim of achieving gender equality in STEM subjects. This event, which is open to both genders, promotes equality by facilitating important discussions on the issue, providing resources for our attendees, and connecting members of the STEM community. In the past, the conference has featured:
- Talks on topics ranging from the significance of female role models to the role of technology in coming years.
- Panel discussions with academic and industry leaders.
- Workshops on entrepreneurship, data science, and more.
- One-on-one appointments with experts on writing a resume/CV and preparing for interviews.
- A career fair open only to attendees, allowing for meaningful interactions between companies and attendees.
- Opportunities for students to present posters and talks on their research.
- Interactive sessions, including a networking reception and dinner.
The symposium is open to anyone in the UK for a small registration fee, and OxFEST provides financial support for those in need. To learn more, please see our websites of our previous conferences by navigating to the Conference toolbar, or reach out to us here.